Prince William "will worry" about the possibility that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will attempt to steal the limelight from the Queen's upcoming Jubilee celebrations, a royal biographer has claimed.

The couple recently announced they would be attending the celebrations, despite being barred from appearing on the Buckingham Palace balcony at Trooping the Colour on June 2.

A spokesperson for the couple said on Friday: "Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are excited and honoured to attend The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children."

Tom Bower, a royal biographer, claimed the Duke of Cambridge "will worry that Harry and Meghan will pull a stunt to try to get the limelight", Express reported.

"Kate and William would be foolish not to be suspicious and would be unwise not to be cautious," he added.

Her Majesty previously banned Meghan Markle and Prince Harry from the main part of the Jubilee celebrations – as well as her 'favourite' Prince Andrew.

The monarch’s decision to only include royals carrying out official public duties was taken “after careful consideration”, Buckingham Palace said.

The trio will not be allowed on the iconic balcony appearance at the monarch's Platinum Jubilee at the culmination of the festivities, which start on the weekend of June 2.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

A Palace spokesperson said: "After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year's traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance on Thursday 2nd June will be limited to Her Majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen."

The move is likely to be interpreted as a snub to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who left the Royal Family behind after rescinding their royal duties in January 2020.

The Sussexes were invited to the festivities last month although never confirmed their attendance, which some feared would "distract" from the Jubilee celebrations.

Reports indicate that Meghan and Harry will be in the country for the Jubilee celebrations.

Palace planners were reportedly frantic in trying to decide whether or not to invite the California-based couple, with both Harry and Meghan snubbed entirely alongside Prince Andrew.

Representatives for Harry and Meghan as well as Prince William have been contacted for comment.

Source: Read Full Article