A lucky bloke has escaped unharmed after his vape caught fire in his pocket – just inches away from his manhood.

Heroic rescuers arrived at the vape shop in Bicester, Oxfordshire, to find a customer frantically beating his trouser pocket as the battery let off smoke and gas into the air.

A crew from Bicester Fire Station along with Rewley Road Fire Station and BFRS Buckingham Fire Station were called to the shop on October 25 to investigate the reports.

READ MORE: Mum's plea after two drags on dodgy vape left teenage son fighting for his life

They found a lithium ion battery had set on fire within a person’s pocket and after a precautionary check thankfully realised the victim wasn’t hurt.

An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue statement read: "The customer was given a precautionary check over to check for injuries and was unharmed by the incident.

"Work to clear the smoke and gases produced by the battery took some time.

"With any battery it is advised that if one from a batch is defective then the whole lot should be carefully discarded."

It's far from the first time an electronic cigarette has burst into flames – earlier this year, a man suffered third-degree burns after his vape "burst into flames" in front of shocked punters at Wetherspoons.

Blayre Turnbull, 26, admitted he is "scarred for life" following the freak accident which saw his e-cigarette explode at The Wheatsheaf Inn in Kilmarnock, Scotland.

  • Horror moment hubby lures pregnant wife to 1,000ft-high cliff before pushing her off

The barber was enjoying some quality time with his father when the device suddenly burnt a hole in his pocket.

He explained how he heard a spark before he noticed the flames and added: “The burns are so severe that they’ve scalded right through to my tendons.

“They’ve had to take skin from one thigh to use as a skin graft. I’m scarred for life now.

“My hand was all blistered up all my fingers except my middle finger and I’ve got three or four huge blisters on my palm.”

To get more stories from the Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.

READ NEXT:

  • OnlyFans star 'thought she was going to die' after smoking 'dodgy vape' in Bali

  • Elon Musk's company Neuralink admits killing eight monkeys in grim brain chip lab tests
  • Inside wild North Korean zoo with chain-smoking chimp and parrot that praises Kim Il-sung
  • Chimp brutally beaten to death by first apes she met after being raised by humans

Source: Read Full Article