Prince Harry found being stripped of his military titles “demoralising”, according to a royal biographer.

The Duke of Sussex lost his titles after he and Meghan Markle decided to step back from their royal duties in 2020.

As a result, Harry had to sacrifice his army titles and military appointments, which was reportedly a “tough pill to swallow”, claims Finding Freedom authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand.

The book reads: “If his grandmother’s validation of his experiences served as encouragement, the most demoralising aspect of the new deal was his being stripped of his honorary military appointments that had been awarded to him as a senior royal.

“As a retired serviceman, Harry would always be able to wear his medals, but no longer could he wear uniform as Captain General of the Royal Marines, Honorary Air Force Commandant of the Royal Air Force Bas Honington, and honorary Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Navy’s Small Ships and Diving Operations. These roles had come to an end.”

Harry left the military in 2015 but maintained his links with servicemen through honorary titles.

Having to give up these roles was reportedly very difficult for Harry, a source told the authors.

  • Harry and Meghan behaved ‘like petulant teenagers’ on Jubilee trip, critic says

A source said: “That’s been a tough pill to swallow, and the one that has been most painful to Meghan to witness him go through.

“It’s the one that made Harry emotional.”

Meghan and Harry have recently been back in the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee weekend.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s daughter Lilibet was also in the UK and the couple recently released a picture on her first birthday at a picnic thrown for her at Frogmore Cottage.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here .

Close family and friends were invited to celebrate the occasion at the Windsor property, where there was face-painting and cake, according to guests.

A spokesman for the couple did not name the family members who attended.

Last Friday, the Sussexes made their first public appearance alongside the Royal Family since they stepped down as senior royals two years ago.

However, the couple were not among those on the balcony at Trooping the Colour and were not in the royal box at Saturday’s star-studded live concert in front of Buckingham Palace.

Source: Read Full Article