A sex attacker has been jailed for 12 years after breaking into a woman's house through a shared attic to rape her at knifepoint.

Karan Pullock, from Hackney, London, broke into a woman's home who lived in the same block of flats on 30 June with the intention of robbery and rape.

He pleaded guilty in January to attempted robbery, attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.

READ MORE: Mum 'lured by shopping trip' then tortured and dismembered by drug traffickers

However, he was jailed for 12 years at Wood Green Crown Court on 19 May.

Pullock was waiting for the victim in a dark room with a knife after he entered through an attic, and the victim noticed an eerie silence when she returned back home.

The victim's home blinds were drawn and her dog was unusually quiet, and the assailant swiftly seized her before she could fully comprehend the situation.

He threatened her when she tried to fight him off and screamed for help, and then he took her to the bedroom where he tied her to a chair and demanded money.

Pullock initiated the distressing act of forcibly removing the victim's clothing, followed by subjecting her to sexual assault and subsequent attempted rape.

Shortly after the incident, Pullock called the Met Police and confessed to the crime. Officers rushed to the scene at Hackney and arrested him.

Following the court judgement of the sex offender, the victim has expressed her condition after the incident where she said that "there are days where I struggle to get out of bed".

"Not recognising the person I once was. I wonder what the point is, where I no longer have the confidence to live like I used to. To live in a city like London, and constantly be in fear feels hopeless," she added.

"I'm a grown woman, who is now scared of the dark. I feel embarrassed trying to make plans to see friends, or client meetings and having to work around this. In the winter months it makes this basically impossible."

Detective Sergeant Matthew Cooksey confirmed: "Pullock is a truly dangerous individual who planned a terrifying attack on the victim for no reason other than his own gratification.

"I am glad that he pleaded guilty and spared the victim from having to relive the experience at court," he added.

"We are working hard to prevent violence against women and girls and we will continue to remove these dangerous offenders from the streets of London."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.


  • Dad 'went crazy' and battered son, 11, to death before claiming he 'fell from tree'

  • 'Sick intruders cooked my cat in my microwave and smeared poo all over my house'

  • Russia facing 'catastrophic event' as Putin's Kremlin rivals circle for top job

  • Surgeon asked cleaner to hold patient's leg while amputating toe and got fired

  • Giant £4bn Moon replica with simulation room planned for top of Dubai skyscraper

Source: Read Full Article