Meghan Markle could be called up to give a deposition as part of a civil suit against Prince Andrew being brought by Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre.

David Boies, the lawyer representing Giuffre in her legal action, said Meghan was someone who could be depended on to "tell the truth".

The lawyer told the Daily Beast that the Duchess of Sussex was also being considered because she lives in the US.

There is no suggestion that Meghan has any knowledge about the allegations levelled at Prince Andrew, which the Duke of York has continuously denied.

The lawyer emphasised that Markle is just "one of the people we are considering, we haven't made a decision yet."

Ms Giuffre, 38, claimed she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew three times in 2001 when she was just 17-years-old, MailOnline reports.

Lewis Kaplan, District Judge for the Southern District of New York, is set to hear arguments from the Duke of York's legal team to dismiss the suit on January 4.

If the case makes it past this point, it will enter full discovery meaning both sides will have to give videotaped depositions.

Mr Boies said that his team were able to depose up to 12 individuals as part of this stage and that they needed to be careful who they picked to fit in with the time constraints.

Prince Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson was also in consideration but it is understood she would be a more difficult target as she lives in the UK.

Mr Boies said there were no plans to depose the Queen "out of respect and deference" and because of her age.

Prince Andrew's lawyers said they want the civil action to be dismissed as it was "baseless" and that "sensationalism and innuendo have prevailed over the truth".

Ms Giuffre seeks unspecified damages.

Andrew failed to have the newspaper stories describing his accuser as a "money-hungry sex kitten" taken into account by the New York judge last week.

For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

Source: Read Full Article