Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

Earlier this year Larry Dinwiddie was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

His chilling crime involved murdering his wife with a hammer before stuffing her in a freezer.

Disturbingly, the body of Cynthia Dinwiddie – entombed in ice – was not discovered for several years.

Below we take a look at the case in closer detail while also examining other ice cold killers who used freezers for dead bodies instead of oven chips.

Larry Dinwiddie

Cynthia Dinwiddie’s life came to a brutal end after a row with her husband led to her being strangled and beaten to death with a hammer.

Detectives believe the pair were arguing in their home before Larry, now 59, snapped and murdered his partner, 56.

The cunning killer chucked his wife in a running freezer at an abandoned storage unit in 2015.

Shockingly, Cynthia’s frozen remains were not discovered until four years later.

During that time, Larry, from Missouri, continued living his life, not even reporting his wife missing.

But investigators taking part in a sting operation found the body in November 2019 at the facility in Marshfield, Massachusetts.

Larry later pleaded guilty to second-degree murder charges before being slapped with a 25-year prison sentence in January this year.

Leanne Tiernan

Leanne Tiernan had just been Christmas shopping when she was abducted and murdered near her home in Leeds, West Yorks, in November 2000.

She was just 16 and the monster responsible was sadistic John Taylor – who stashed her body in his freezer for nine months.

He later moved her to Lindley Woods, Yorkshire, before eventually pleading guilty to abduction and murder.

Taylor – nicknamed ‘pet man’ – was given two life sentences and afterwards DCI Chris Gregg said: “He made many mistakes. But he kept Leanne in a freezer in his kitchen for nine months.

“Why did he take her out when he did and dispose of her body 20 miles away when he did? We will never know because he has never confessed to that part.

“The simple explanation we feel, is his freezer broke down. People who used to go into that house told us he had an upright freezer that suddenly disappeared.

“That sums this guy up. He is dangerous. He should never be released from prison.”

Mihrican Mustafa and Henriett Szucs

It is coming up to two years since double murderer Zahid Younis was caged for life.

He killed local mum-of-three Mihrican Mustafa, 38, and Hungarian national Henriett Szucs, 34, before hiding the bodies in a padlocked freezer inside his flat in east London.

The grim discovery was uncovered in April 2019 by a uniformed cop who went to the Canning Town flat searching for Younis after he was reported missing.

He opened the freezer on “an old-fashioned police hunch” before unearthing the gruesome findings.

After Younis was sentenced, DCI Harding said: “It is incomprehensible to imagine what the families are going through.

"They have been incredibly brave throughout this entire ordeal. It is an ordeal in court listening to his lies. It is hard to listen if you are a family member to hear what he is saying about your daughter, sister or mum.”

Younis refused to leave his cell to be sentenced while Henriett's mum, Maria, was unable to attend court because of the Covid-19 restrictions.

Mujahid Arshid

Mujahid Arshid kidnapped and raped his niece Celine Dookhran, 20, before slashing her throat.

The callous killer then chopped her up and stuffed the body parts in a fridge freezer at a home he was renovating in Kingston, south-west London.

Another woman was also kidnapped and attacked alongside Celine but survived the horror after telling Arshid they could have an affair.

Terrified, she later managed to call for help before police burst into the home in July 2017.

By then the builder had fled to a hotel in Folkestone, Kent, where he was arrested with the deep freezer padlock key in his possession.

In February 2018 he was jailed for a minimum 40 years for murdering Celine and attempting to murder the other woman. He was also convicted to raping and kidnapping both victims.

The surviving woman told the Old Bailey how Arshid “molested Celine’s body while she was dead”.

She added: “He molested me thinking I was dead. He's such a psycho.”

Arshid, from Mitcham, was also found guilty of sexually assaulting the survivor when she was 13.

Sharon Swinhoe

Boyfriend slayer Sharon Swinhoe, 52, died behind bars last year after testing positive for coronavirus.

And her death came eight years after she was found guilty of murdering her sugar daddy boyfriend, Peter McMahon, who was 24 years her senior.

She and her accomplice, Joseph Collins, threw the 68-year-old grandad’s body into a dog kennel before buying a chest freezer to transfer him.

The freezer was kept in Collins' flat in Newcastle and remorseless Swinhoe spent Peter’s money while his body froze over.

It was found in December 2012 before Swinhoe was jailed for 25 years for the murder, while Collins was caged for 20.

Retired civil servant Peter died of heart failure after his eyes were gouged out of their sockets between late October and early November 2012.

  • Murder
  • Prison News

Source: Read Full Article