A brave woman who stood up for a man suffering homophobic abuse had her teeth booted through her cheek.
Police have launched a manhunt for a gang of yobs, following devastating injuries inflicted on Daisy Wells, as she headed home from a music festival.
Daisy who refused to stand by as the group taunted an older man for having glitter in his beard, says she would go through the pain again if it meant protecting someone vulnerable.
Her heroics outside Newcastle's This Is Tomorrow Festival on September 17, came at the cost of losing teeth and needing eight stitches in her face.
Daisy says as she told the thugs to leave the man alone, they turned on her and punched her to the ground.
As she defencelessly laid on the ground, the attackers kicked her in the face which tore teeth off from her gums and pierced through her left cheek.
Sales executive Daisy from Houghton-le-Spring, Sunderland has shared her horrendous injuries.
She said: "I didn't know him, but I wouldn’t change what I did to defend that man.
"I could never be a bystander and watch someone get beaten up for no reason other than who they are."
Daisy was with her boyfriend Adam Darley, 27, and four other friends when she spotted the festival goer being pushed around by two or three men in hoodies.
She said: "I think they went for him because of his beard – they thought he was gay, and he was on his own so an easy target.
"I knew I couldn't stand and watch so I shouted at them to leave him alone."
But Daisy became their new target as soon as she stepped in.
She added: "I was in complete shock and I couldn't feel the pain – I was spitting out mouthfuls of blood but I barely noticed.
"I didn't realise how badly I was injured until I took off my jacket after and saw it was covered in my own blood.
"I remember thinking 'I've never seen that much blood before in my life – and it's all mine'."
A spokesperson for Northumbria Police said: "Shortly after 10pm on September 17, police received a report of an assault in Brandling Park, Jesmond.
For more stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here
"It was reported that a male victim in his 50s had been walking down the street before he was approached and assaulted by two men who were not known to him.
"An investigation was launched into the incident, and officers have since learnt of a separate assault committed on another victim on the same evening.
"The other victim was a 28-year-old female.
"Police believe both assaults were committed by the same two male suspects.
"Enquiries are ongoing to identify those responsible."
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via the ‘Tell Us Something’ page of the website or by calling 101 quoting reference number 816 17/09/21.
Source: Read Full Article