Prince Harry and Meghan Markle won't be making a trip back to the UK for a royal event in honour of the Duke's late mother Princess Diana, according to reports.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had been weighing up whether to make the flight back to Britain to join Prince William and 100 guests to celebrate her life.

The bash, which will also host celebrity pals of Princess Di, such as Elton John, is to take place later this month.

37-year-old Harry jetted back for the scaled-down unveiling of the Diana statue back in July without Meghan by his side as she had just given birth to their daughter, Lilibet Diana.

However, a reception for the event was pushed back due to Covi-19 restrictions.

The party to honor the Princess of ales will now take place at Kensington Palace a week on Tuesday.

It was reported the Duke may return for the hour-long celebration when it was rearranged, however, a spokesperson for the Sussexes told The Telegraph that they will not be returning to the UK.

  • 'Tone deaf' Meghan Markle could learn from Kate Middleton's 'power move', says expert

Travel restrictions from the US, where the couple now live in the A-list neighbourhood Montecito, California, have been lifted, therefore, they would have spared Covid quarantine.

Harry and Meghan were also rumoured to be wanting a christening for baby Liibet with the Queen attending at Windsor, although sources have reportedly denied it.

It has pushed reports Lilibet's christening could take place in the UK, like big brother Archie, into doubt.

  • Kate Middleton ‘in secret talks with TV producer’ a year after Meghan’s Netflix deal

Ingrid Seward, Majesty Magazine Editor-in-Chief, said: "You would have thought it would definitely be something Harry would really want to be at.

"I can't imagine anything less important for him because he would want to respect his mother.

"It is an important gathering of his mother's friends. He could even get a few quotes for his memoir.

"I am sure Meghan would want to be there for Diana and Harry."

In July, Harry made a brief appearance with his brother William in front of cameras in the Sunken Garden at the palace.

It is not known if Harry and Meghan will travel back to the UK at all this year, as the couple focus on their Achewell Foundation, Netflix documentaries, and Spotify podcast in the US.

The Telegraph also reports the Duke is unlikely to fly back for Remembrance Day as he is scheduled to spend November 10 in New York, presenting the inaugural “Intrepid Valor Awards” to veterans and military families “living with the invisible wounds of war”.

Meghan was last in Britain for the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey in March last year, the last official engagement the Sussexes attended as part of their duties as senior royals.

For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article