A teenage girl has tragically died of a suspected heart attack after sniffing fumes from a deodorant can in her fight with anxiety.

Brooke Ryan’s lifeless body was found face down on her bedroom floor next to the aerosols and a tea towel at her home in New South Wales, Australia.

The 16-year-old had been battling anxiety, which was especially tough during Australia’s strict lockdown during Covid.

Brooke’s heartbroken mum, Anne, reckons her daughter died from sudden sniffing syndrome and although the coroner’s report is yet to be released, there is indications that she suffered a heart attack.

Anne has spoken of her anguish and told the Sydney Morning Herald: “I wake up, I think of her, I go to sleep and think of her… Every day is a nightmare.

“Brooke was a beautiful girl with a heart of gold, who's just so sorely missed, and would be absolutely devastated to know the negative impact she's had on so many people from her death.”

Anne also called for better education on the risks of inhaling deodorant and better labels on the products to let people know it can be fatal.

Parts of Australia have been swept up in a frenzy of children becoming addicted to inhaling the dangerous fumes.

The toxic chemicals were locked away in shops after youth workers begged them to do anything they could to stop children from accessing it.

Stay up to date with all the Daily Star's latest news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.

Warning signs of deodorant abuse include headaches and white patches on tea towels or hand towels.

Brooke, who also leaves behind a distraught Dad, three older brothers and boyfriend, was set to go into her final year of school the week before her death.

She had dreams of becoming a lawyer, physiotherapist, or beautician and was so good at playing AFL she had attracted attention from scouts.

Sadly, solvent abuse is a growing problem and calls to Brooke’s local Poisons Information Centre about inhalant abuse nearly doubled between 2017 and 2020.

Source: Read Full Article