A teenager has died after developing a horrific infection from a botched self-piercing at home.

Izabela Eduarda de Sousa pierced her eyebrow with the help of a pal in the municipality of Engenheiro Caldas in the south-eastern Brazilian state of Minas Gerais.

But a killer infection savaged the 15-year-old and just days after the piercing she was raced to hospital where she had four cardiac arrests.

Tragically, Izabela had asked her mum for permission to carry out the procedure – and despite her mum saying no, she went ahead with it anyway.

Her mum was not the only family member against the piercing. Her aunt, Jurciene de Souza, revealed that the whole family was against it.

That did not stop Izabela from going through with the home procedure, and three days after making the piercing, she started to develop several symptoms.

The area around her eyes became very swollen and irritated and she was rushed to hospital where she suffered four cardiac arrests.

With her body having rejected the piercing, her health quickly plummeted and she was raced again to a better-equipped hospital.

She spent a week there, where she was incubated, but she eventually died, to the devastation and disbelief of her family.

In the wake of her death, her aunt said: "This is a plea from an aunt who has lost a very beautiful, very special niece. Obey your parents, your aunts and uncles, and your grandparents."

The hospital revealed that had Izabela Eduarda survived, she may have lost the sight in the eye beneath the piercing.

Top docs say that procedures such as self- piercings should be carried out by professionals in specialised, licensed clinics.

Source: Read Full Article