A furious dad-of-three says he was forced to bin his whole McDonald's order after he noticed a "bit of green" on the perimeter of his food.

Andrew Connor, 43, from Liscard, was treating his three little girls and two step sons with a McDonald's breakfast on his Saturday off, an occasion which he says comes rarely.

However, this idyllic family tradition was soured when he noticed a "bit of green" in his bacon and egg McMuffin.

READ MORE: Fisherman survives 11 days floating in freezer after ship sinks in shark-infested waters

The dad, who works as an actor, said he then lifted the bun and found the "green" covered a substantial amount of his egg.

Speaking to the LiverpoolEcho, he said: "I'd seen a hint of green on the side because of the way the bun was skewed. I checked it and the rest of them and they all had this green stuff on them.

"The first thing that came to my head when I saw it was food poisoning. You look at it and you're worried if someone eats this they're going to get poisoned. You're worried they're going to get ill and get a stomach upset.

"As soon as you see green it isn't right is it? Alarm bells went off.

"Everything went into the bin right then. But my stepson had bit into his, which was disgusting and I told him to stop when I realised."

After binning the meal Andrew called the delivery service, JustEat, he had ordered from to explain his dissatisfaction who told him to contact the council.

Later that morning (Saturday, August 20) Andrew then contacted McDonald's customer services, who, after asking him for proof of payment and a photo of the meal, said the "green" was not mould, or from bad hygiene in-store, but rather a product of how the eggs were cooked.

Andrew accepted the explanation but couldn't understand how Liscard McDonald's, where he ordered the meal from and which has a food hygiene rating of five, could follow such poor standards of food presentation.

He said: "I'm not a chef or anything like that, I can barely make a piece of toast. But I definitely know that the food shouldn't have been green.

"If anything it needs to have a presentation to it. It shouldn't have green stuff all over it. I don't care what your reasons are, you don't send green egg McMuffins out."

A spokesperson for McDonald's told the ECHO: "At McDonald’s all the eggs we use across our breakfast menu are freshly cracked, cooked and served in a short space of time, meaning it is simply not possible for us to serve eggs that are mouldy. Discolouration when cooking eggs is caused by a natural reaction between the hydrogen sulphide in the egg white and the iron in the yolk.

“We apologise that the customer was not fully satisfied with his experience and understand that he has been in contact with our delivery partners and received a refund."


  • For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage.
  • Huge asteroid twice the size of Big Ben set to smash into Earth's orbit this month

  • UK Government on high alert over 'mystery pneumonia strain' that killed two in Argentina

  • Sickening moment 'assassin' points gun in Argentina vice-president's face 'but it jams'

  • Elon Musk facing angry hunger strikers over 'fault' in their £50k Teslas

Source: Read Full Article