A bride-to-be has been jailed after claiming she sold heroin and crack cocaine in order to pay for her honeymoon.

Terrie Renwick, 28, was due to get married this month, but instead appeared before a court and was sentenced for her crimes, Liverpool Echo reports.

Renwick was found by police with her arm down the toilet after flushing the drugs on July 16 this year – the day her sentence for a previous class A drug conviction ended.

She appeared at Liverpool Crown Court on Thursday, September 17, via video link.

Frank Dillon, prosecuting, told the court that officers raided her home at Vulcan Close, Warrington, at 9.40am.

After finding the wife-to-be with her arm down the toilet ditching evidence, a quick-thinking police officer, formerly a plumber, traced the drugs through the system and retrieved a total of 220 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine from an external pipe.

Mr Dillon said: "It was clear these items had been flushed down the toilet by Renwick."

After searching her home they also found a taser kept in a kitchen cupboard.

Officers found £125 in her purse and two mobile phones – one in her pocket and one in the front bedroom.

  • Brit street sealed off after three men shot in act of 'outrageous violence'

Renwick was arrested but gave no reply and when police seized her phone a number of known class A drug addicts got in touch with it.

The court heard the drugs seized were worth a total of £2,410 in total.

She was subsequently charged with two counts of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of a taser.

Renwick has four convictions for nine offences.

  • Taxi driver tries to lure schoolgirl, 11, into cab in 'attempted abduction'

She was sentenced for two counts of possession of cannabis in 2015 and in 2017 Renwick was handed a three-year prison sentence for supplying heroin and cocaine.

Sarah Griffin, defending, said: "This is an extremely sad situation.

"She was simply trying to raise funds for her honeymoon and resorted back to drug dealing in an easy way, in her mind, to raise such funds."

She asked the judge to take into account the impact on Renwick's mother who suffers from COPD and epilepsy and for whom Renwick was the sole carer before being taken into custody.

  • Furious decorator 'batters sandwich-stealing seagull before jumping on its body'

Ms Griffin said: "She is being cared for by someone else but she would prefer for it to be her daughter."

She also noted that Renwick had completed her past sentence and supervision requirements.

Ms Griffin asked the judge to take into account Renwick's early guilty plea, her remorse and the current impact of the coronavirus pandemic on prisons at the moment.

Judge Louise Brandon, sentencing, said: "You've frankly admitted you saw this as an easy way to make money.

"You've not yourself used drugs since 2017 and so this was purely a commercial enterprise."

The judge noted that the presence of the weapon in a house which contained drugs made the offence more serious.

Renwick was handed a four-year prison sentence, half of which will be served in prison and half on licence.

A Proceeds of Crime Act hearing will take place on January 15 next year.

Source: Read Full Article