Brits who work for the NHS are set to get an extra bit of help this summer. Health service employees will now be treated to savings of up to £100 on TUI holidays for 2023 and 2024.
The added saving will knock a fair amount off the cost of a trip abroad which is especially useful during the cost-of-living crisis. TUI has created the discount as part of its ‘Help for Heroes’ scheme that’s giving back to the UK’s brave healthcare workers.
Plus, you can still use the extra deal together with other discounts. TUI announced in 2021 that they were thanking anyone working in the NHS with an extra £100 off on top of any other savings as part of the scheme.
READ MORE: TUI boss says era of cheap flights is over – but we've found £26 tickets to Italy
The travel company has continued to provide the discount on booking this year and next year – so if you’re desperate for a summer holiday now’s the time to use it! The £100 discount can be applied to any new holiday booking over £1,200 in value.
For those spending less than £1,200 you’ll receive £30 off your booking. To use the saving you’ll need a valid NHS email address.
To find your perfect trip, search for a holiday through TUI Holidays for Heroes and all applicable savings – including the extra £100 off – will be applied automatically. There are half a million holidays on the TUI site which the NHS discount can be applied to so you’ll be able to find the perfect trip for your family.
The minimum price of £1,200 may seem high, but for a family of four that means it counts on any holidays that cost £300 per person or more. There are lots of highly rated package trips in Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Greece and more to choose from.
Our top TUI NHS discount holiday picks:
- 7 nights on July 12 at Club Aida Apartments, Turkey – Self Catering with flights from London Luton – from £495pp
- 7 nights on August 9 at TUI SUNEO Santa Ponsa, Majorca – All Inclusive with flight from Aberdeen – from £722pp
- 7 nights on August 9 at Sileks Hotel, Ohrid, North Macedonia – Bed & Breakfast with flights from London Gatwick – from £582pp
- 7 nights on July 10 at Parasol Garden, Costa Del Sol, Spain – All Inclusive with flights from Bristol – from £586pp
- 7 nights on June 18 at Playadulce in Costa Almeria, Spain – Half Board with flights from Birmingham – from £441pp
- 7 nights on June 25 at Olympus Apartments in Crete, Greece – All Inclusive with flights from London Stansted – from £658pp
- 7 nights on July 6 2024 at Marhaba Beach Hotel, Tunisia – All Inclusive with flights from Newcastle – from £627pp
TUI is also offering a number of other discounts on its website right now. People who book a holiday on the TUI app will get another £10 off their package holiday.
Plus, you can save up to £150 on solo traveller holidays. The discount is perfect for single parents as it counts whether you’re a single adult alone or a single adult with one or more children.
Steve Bater, spokesman at NHS Money Saving blog NHS Discount Offers commented: "Many people are now booking their last minute summer holidays so this is a great way for NHS staff to save with TUI. Cost of travel has increased for all of us and the TUI £100 discount has been one of the most popular travel discounts for NHS staff to take advantage of in the last year or so.
"It's been a great way for Health Care Workers to save on their summer holidays this year and trips planned for 2024. Staff can also save an extra £30 off for bookings under £1200.
"The cost of living crisis continues to affect us all and every little helps as we look to save money wherever we can. Most of us will want to get away at some point for a much need break, and these savings are appreciated."
- Pints from 67p in world's cheapest places for beer – with five places under a quid
- Cheap pints under £2 and Maldives-like beaches – summer hotspots not to miss
- Mum went on 8 holidays with flights from £16 – and always got back in time for work
- Europe's best party spots with epic pool parties, cheap booze and flights from £22
Source: Read Full Article