Categories
World News

Meghan and Harry respond to Trump’s security outburst and make him look foolish

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have swiftly responded to Donald Trump's security bill outburst tonight – and made him look very foolish.

The President tweeted that the US would not be coughing up for the couple's security costs following their recent move from Canada to Florida.

Trump posted on Twitter: "They must pay!".

However, Harry and Meghan have tonight quickly responded and set the record straight.

An official spokeswoman for the Sussexes said they had "no plans" to ask the US government for resources, following months of speculation about who would pay for their security when they step back as senior royals.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources," the spokeswoman said.

"Privately-funded security arrangements have been made."

Harry and Meghan were said to have left their rented home in Vancouver, Canada, and took a private flight to the US with son Archie before the border closed between the two countries last week.

In a tweet on Sunday, Mr Trump said he was a "great friend and admirer of the Queen and the United Kingdom" as he refused to foot the bill.

"It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada," he said.

  • Meghan Markle's dad says she should go back to UK during coronavirus crisis

"Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!"

Harry, Meghan and baby Archie are now said to be living in lockdown close to Hollywood in accordance with the sunshine state's Covid-19 containment measures.

The tweet by Mr Trump comes just days before the couple are due to officially step down as senior royals – dubbed "Megxit".

Sixth in line to the throne Harry and American former actress Meghan are walking away from the monarchy for a life of personal and financial freedom on March 31.

Questions had previously been raised about who would cover the cost of protecting the soon-to-be ex-senior royals in their new global life.

Officials in Canada, the Commonwealth country the couple had originally planned to make their base, said they would not foot the bill for the family's security arrangements.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police previously confirmed it will stop providing protection for the Sussexes once they cease to be senior royals.

Neither Buckingham Palace nor the Home Office will confirm details but the bill is estimated to be as much as £20 million a year.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Meghan Markle’s dad says she should go back to UK during coronavirus crisis

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry should have returned to the UK to help the Queen through the coronavirus crisis – according to Meghan's dad.

Thomas Markle said the couple would have been better off returning to Harry's homeland rather than jetting to LA in an attempt to avoid the killer bug.

Thomas, 75, is now just 155 miles from his daughter and grandson Archie.

He said he hopes they change their mind on their decision to quit as senior royals, telling the Sunday Mirror : “I think Meghan and Harry should go back to the Royal family in the UK and be supportive of the Queen.

“I think they should be in England at this time and not in LA.”

He added: “I really support the idea of them going back to the Royal Family.

“They can join the A-list and make lots of money, of course, when the problem with the virus is over.

“But they will never find the respect they would have as full members of the Royal Family.”

Thomas, a retired Hollywood lighting director, said he sends good wishes to the 93-year-old Queen and Prince Charles – who is currently in self-isolation after contracting Covid-19.

  • Coronavirus: Kate and William last Royals standing as Meghan and Harry flee

Despite his heart condition putting him at high risk from the virus, Thomas said Meghan has not been in touch with him.

Meghan's dad said he hopes the pandemic will remind the couple what's important in life, and begged the pair to forgive him.

He said he is anxious Meghan could be at risk from Covid-19, which is raging in California.

Thomas said: “I am in the high risk category, but now a number of young people are also coming down with it.

“If I could say anything to Harry and Meghan right now it is that life is too short.

“I would certainly tell them to be careful and I would tell them that I love them.

“This is the time to think about what is really important in life – it’s too short and unpredictable.

“While we have to isolate physically, there is no reason to isolate personally from each other at this time.”

Thomas hasn’t spoken to Meghan since missing her wedding following a heart attack in May 2018.

They have been at loggerheads after it emerged he had collaborated with a paparazzi photographer to make money from staged photos before the wedding.

Thomas — who is yet to meet grandson Archie — is desperately hoping Harry, 35, will forgive him and accept anyone can make a mistake.

Harry was himself duped by Russian pranksters impersonating eco-activist Greta Thunburg and her dad Svante.

During two phone calls with notorious jokers Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov he indiscreetly said he is “completely separate” from most of the Royal Family and spoke openly about his agony over “Megxit”.

He was also critical of US president Donald Trump.

Thomas said: “We all think we do something right and it turns out to be wrong.

“Harry recently made a huge mistake talking to those Russian pranksters. He got tricked by those pranksters and I got tricked by doing those photos.

“We all make mistakes and I made a huge mistake. I should forgive them and they should forgive me.

“Ultimately, maybe it’s time for Archie to say hello to grandpa.”

Thomas lives alone in Rosarito, Mexico, and is now set to go into self-isolation.

Although he's been suffering from a cold for two months, he insists it is not coronavirus.

He said: “I have a good supply of food in, I’m ready to self-isolate and stay at home. I have more than enough food and water.”

Thomas is set to be a witness in the legal battle over a letter Meghan wrote to him detailing her heartbreak at their rift.

Thomas felt he'd been attacked and misrepresented in reports about the letter's existence, prompting him to take it to a UK newspaper.

He has now agreed to testify at London’s High Court — but hopes it doesn't come to that.

He said Meghan’s half-siblings Tom Jr, 53, and Samantha, 55, are in daily contact with him.

He said: “Every day I hear from Tom and Samantha, they call. They’re both doing fine at the moment.”

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Meghan Markle’s dad hits out – ‘everything she did to me, she’s done to royals’

Meghan Markle’s dad has slammed his daughter for “walking out” on the Royal Family and quitting – like “she did to me”.

Thomas Markle, 75, has also accused Meghan and Prince Harry – who will step down from the royals on March 31 – of “looking like money-grubbers”.

It comes as the estranged father gives a series of interviews in his latest, desperate bid to get his daughter to contact him again.

He has not received any contact from them ever since the Royal Wedding following a huge public fall out.

Meghan and Harry apparently stopped talking to Thomas soon after he was caught posing for staged paparazzi pictures which he was paid for.

He also suffered a heart attack shortly before his daughter’s big day in May 2018 and was forced to pull out of the wedding.

Now he is desperately trying to get Meghan to contact him again so he can finally meet Harry and his 10-month-old grandson Archie for the first time.

Earlier today the Daily Star Online reported how he said “it is time for Archie to say hello to grampa” as he begged Meghan and Harry to forgive him.

It came after it emerged Meghan, Harry and Archie have upped sticks in Canada and moved to Los Angeles, California – just 155 miles from Thomas’s home in Rosarito, Mexico.

  • Thomas Markle fears Meghan will get coronavirus and should spend pandemic in UK

Due to being in isolation over the coronavirus pandemic gripping the US – which puts him at high risk due to his heart condition – he is hoping Meghan will contact him even though they can’t physically meet.

Yet he has also, in another interview today, chosen to hit out at Meghan and Harry, and accuse his daughter of walking out on him.

He told The Sun: “They walked out on me when I had a heart attack.

"Everything she did to me, she has now done to the Royal Family."

  • Meghan Markle's brother warns she will 'not be welcomed back with open arms’

Thomas has also slammed the couple for “looking like money-grubbers” after it emerged Meghan has bagged a voiceover role for a Disney documentary in her first job since leaving the Royal Family.

He said: “Yes, they will come to California and become A-listers – they will be welcomed in all the wealthiest people’s houses.

“But you cannot buy the honour that you have.”

  • Meghan Markle's dad 'doesn't care if he sees her before he dies', claims brother

He added: “Meghan is doing voiceover work for Disney – but I think her and Harry’s support is fading fast.

"I’m losing a lot of respect for them – they look like money-grubbers.

“I feel they should return to England and fulfill the duties they got married for.”

  • Meghan Markle
  • Royal Wedding
  • Royal Family
  • Prince Harry

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Meghan Markle ‘forbids’ Harry to visit coronavirus-stricken Prince Charles

Meghan Markle has reportedly "forbidden" Prince Harry from travelling to see his father, Prince Charles, who is infected by coronavirus.

This week, Prince Charles tested positive for COVID-19 and at 71-years-old, he is considered a high risk patient.

Currently he is in self isolation in Scotland on the Balmoral estate with his wife Camilla, according to representatives of the royal.

According to reports the Duchess of Sussex has told Prince Harry "'under no circumstances is she okay with him traveling anywhere right now".

According to the Daily Mail, the source added: "Meghan said Harry's been in touch with his dad… Of course, he's frustrated. She said they both are frustrated because they are doers and want to do so much more to help."

Earlier this month, the royal couple attended their final public events before they step down as senior members of the Royal Family on March 31.

During their trip they saw Prince Charles and the Queen – who is also self isolating in Windsor.

Last week it was also revealed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are still “desperately hoping” to visit the Queen in the UK this summer despite the coronavirus crisis.

Sources say Meghan is also looking to foster a black Labrador named Cole to help ease the strain on local animal shelters and rescue groups.

In an Instagram post, the Sussexes rallied fans to come together to tackle the coronavirus crisis.

They wrote: “These are uncertain times. And now, more than ever, we need each other. We need each other for truth, for support, and to feel less alone during a time that can honestly feel quite scary.

“How we approach each other and our communities with empathy and kindness is indisputably important right now. Over the coming weeks, this will be our guiding principle.

“We are all in this together, and as a global community we can support each other through this process – and build a digital neighbourhood that feels safe for every one of us.”

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Kate Middleton told Prince Harry she ‘felt she’d lost a brother’ after Megxit

Kate Middleton told Prince Harry she “felt like she’d lost a brother” after his shocking departure from the Royal Family, it has been claimed.

Harry and Meghan Markle announced they would be stepping back as senior royals back in January before settling down in Canada.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex came back to the UK earlier this month for their final public royal engagement, the Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey.

They shared a brief greeting with Prince William and Kate, but didn’t appear to interact further.

However, the Duchess of Cambridge reportedly pulled Harry aside to tell him about the impact Megxit was having on her and Wills.

A royal insider told Woman’s Day New Zealand: “Kate knew it could be the final opportunity to air her feelings and she was incredibly emotional.

“Apparently, she fought back tears as she told them how their lack of communication and contact both before and after they moved to Canada had been devastating for them and how they felt completely shut out of their lives.

“Kate told Harry how she felt like she’d lost a brother too, and explained just how upset the children were, especially George and Charlotte, who desperately missed their uncle Harry and wanted to see their cousin.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex greeted Wills and Kate at Westminster Abbey for the Commonwealth Service on March 9 – their first public meeting since Megxit was announced two months ago.

Meghan mouthed “hi” and gave a small wave to William and Kate as the pair sat down, with Harry also smiling at his brother.

  • Fit and healthy 40-year-old 'floored' by coronavirus begs people to stay indoors

Later on though, Harry appeared stern as he went through the church alongside a smiling Meghan.

Walking directly in front of them, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge seemed downcast as they followed The Queen down the aisle.

Before Harry and Meghan left for Canada, there were rumours of a rift between the two princes.

Last October, Harry admitted he and William were “on different paths” in a revelatory interview with ITV journalist Tom Bradby.

He said: “Part of this role, part of this job and this family being under the pressure it is under, inevitably stuff happens.

  • Meghan Markle offered voiceover role in The Simpsons after Prince Harry's plea

“But look we are brothers, we will always be brothers.

“We are certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him and as I know he will always be there for me.

“We don’t see each other as much as we used to because we are so busy but I love him dearly.

"The majority of the stuff is created out of nothing but as brothers, you know, you have good days, you have bad days."

  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Prince William
  • Royal Family
  • Kate Middleton Duchess Of Cambridge

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
World News

Meghan may have Harry ‘under duress’ as he ‘hasn’t smiled in God knows how long’

Prince Harry’s marriage could be making him unhappy, claims Meghan Markle’s estranged half-brother.

Thomas Markle Jr says he hasn’t seen a picture of Harry smiling in “God knows how long” – and believes marriage has changed him.

Basing his opinions on photos for clues, he told Daily Express he believes Meghan could have Harry “under duress”. But he did say he "hopes it is the opposite where they are madly in love".

Harry was also spotted smiling on Monday at a Commonwealth service with Meghan.

But Mr Markle said: “I haven't seen a picture of Harry smiling in God knows how long. But before he was with Meghan he was smiling all the time.

“I don't know Harry has changed quite a bit in his life and stepped away from the royal family as well under duress probably and control and doing what Meghan wants.

“And that is a horrible thought it is just kind of scary.

“I mean it's so unheard of, I mean who would ever step down from the royal family or be disassociated or go in there and turn things upside down and do things your way and get supported by Harry saying what Meghan wants Meghan gets.

  • Queen 'abandons Buckingham Palace' over coronavirus fears

“If he is that controlled it is sad. I just hope it is the opposite, where they are madly in love and that is what it is about, but I am starting to think it is really not about that.”

Palace sources described Meghan as "difficult" with "high standards" because she was more used to "a Hollywood environment".

Previously, Meghan and Harry spoke of their troubles at their lack of privacy and public scrutiny in an emotional interview with ITV.

He also said press cameras were a reminder of the death of his mum, Princess Diana.

He told Tom Bradby: “I think being part of this family, in this role, in this job, every single time I see a camera, every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash, it takes me straight back, so in that respect it’s the worst reminder of her life as opposed to the best.”

Source: Read Full Article