After the Packard Motor Car Company bought the Studebaker Corporation in 1954, hopes were high for sales of the 1955 Packard models. These cars featured V8 power and a full torsion-bar suspension with an electrically operated load-leveling feature, and this brightly colored magazine advertisement does make that Packard Four Hundred hardtop coupe look very stylish.

Sadly, the ’55 Packards sold poorly (compared to the boom times in showrooms for Detroit’s Big Three that year), and the company’s fate was sealed. Studebaker-based “Packardbakers” appeared in 1957, acquiring gulping catfish faces the following year. After that, Packard was no more.




Source: Read Full Article